Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Treat Your Feet

With so much walking - my mileage has now passed 165 miles - my feet take a beating. Over the past dozens of miles, though, I've learned that a treat for the feet is a treat for the whole body, and helps refresh the spirit.

Options I use for pampering my peds include...

  • Natural, fragrant soaps with rich foam
  • Long, luxurious soaks in a hot bubble bath
  • Vigorous rounds with a pumice stone
  • Warm, soft, spa socks
  • New insoles in well broken-in sneakers
I do not, however, go for pedicures - never have, and have no intention of it. While some may find it relaxing, I find it a waste, at least for me. I do not wear sandals or other open-toed shoes (totally impractical when one is hiking through the woods), and so any colors, shapings, or other treatments would not be visible for admiration. The time to get a pedicure I'd rather spend actually on my feet, with more walking!

How do you treat your feet after a long day's walking? Share your ideas - my feet could use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment